Galle, Sri Lanka
Situated within the walls of Galle’s historic 17th century fort, the Ambassador’s House is a magnificently proportioned five-bedroom property ideal for families and groups of friends.
What was once the home of the Bangladeshi Ambassador is today a majestic tropical villa boasting an abundance of living space, including a spacious roof terrace and a huge lounge that makes it exceptional for entertaining. The luxurious bedrooms are all air-conditioned – with three en-suite double bedrooms opening directly onto the gorgeous courtyard plunge pool, and the master and twin bedroom offering direct access to the roof terrace.
There is so much to do around the Ambassador’s House – take a relaxing wander around the Fort’s charming backstreets, mingle with the welcoming locals, browse the colourful streets of Galle Town, drive down to the mystical Jungle Beach below Rumassala Hill for some snorkelling or head to Unawatuna Bay for some chill-out time at a rustic bar.
Ambassador’s House is rented as a whole and is the sister property of Pooja Kanda and Ocean’s Edge – all exquisite properties located along the south coast.
Lightfoot Travel loves…
“Tending to you in the traditional Sri Lankan way and providing you with the best care possible the moment you arrive, the team of personable staff at the Ambassador’s House make your stay in Galle all the more perfect.”
Ambassador’s House Information
- Location: Within Galle Fort. 3-4 hours drive from Bandaranaike International Airport.
- Accommodation: 5 bedrooms accommodating up to 10 adults and 2 children (1 master suite, 1 twin doubles, 3 doubles).
- Facilities: Pool, WiFi, library, bbq facilities, spa treatments.
- Activities: Exploring Galle Fort, Galle town, Unawatuna Bay, beach activities, bicycle rides through paddy field villages.
- Weather: Months of December to April are the best time to visit, the monsoon season is June to August and October/November.
- Children: Welcome. Baby cot is provided and toys and games. Babysitting is available upon request.