Thalpe, Sri Lanka
Meaning “resting place” in Sinhalese, Ambalama is one of the closest luxury beach villas to historic Galle Fort, a short 10 minute drive away.
Designed by a renowned Australian architect, the villa has four double bedrooms, a large living and dining area opening onto a broad terrace, and a large infinity pool with spectacular ocean views. Each bedroom opens onto a lawn terrace, allowing for privacy and space.
Unwind in the manicured gardens looking out onto the ocean; relax on sun beds around the pool; indulge in a traditional Sri Lankan massage in the privacy of your room. Ambalama offers a feast of dining choices: enjoy international or local cuisine prepared by the in-house chef or enjoy an outdoor barbecue with lobsters caught off the beach and superb fresh fish caught daily.
Lightfoot Travel loves…
“Get involved and head down to the local market with the chef to choose the day’s catch. Then bring it all home and pick up a few local cooking techniques. The food will taste that much better to you knowing that you were part of the process!”
- Location: Thalpe, 10 mins drive from Galle Fort. From Bandaranaike International Airport it is just under 2 hours or a maximum of 3 hours dependent on traffic
- Accommodation: 4 double bedrooms
- Staff: 4 staff including excellent chef
- Activities: Shopping and restaurants in Galle, massage treatments
- Facilities: Pool, BBQ, beach
- Weather: May to July is wetter with the monsoon but a lot cooler than the dry season and still pleasant
- Children: Welcome