Amanbagh Alwar, India
Situated in the rural foothills of the Aravalli Hills, a 3 hour journey east of Jaipur, Amanbagh is a regal garden estate in the starkly beautiful wilds of Rajasthan.
Circled by walls which enclose a beautiful, green oasis watered by a nearby lake and tributaries of the Chambal River, Amanbagh was once the site of the Maharajah of Alwar’s hunting lodge, and was his favoured garden retreat. Evoking the cultural richness, the princely pleasures, and the dramatic romance of the Moghul era, Amanbagh pays homage to India’s golden age with palatial splendor and attention to the finest of details.
Amanbagh’s 24 Haveli Suites and 16 Pool Pavilions exude the richness of the Moghul era that inspired them. There are four categories of luxury accommodation and each category of suites feature a beautiful large bathtub carved from Udaipur green marble, Bose sound systems and a personal bar. The Pool Pavilions each have their own private swimming pool and spacious garden and they epitomise the luxury of Rajasthan, the ultimate in comfort.
The rural countryside of Alwar offers some fantastic nature excursions. Sariska National Park is nearby and here you can see elusive wildlife such as tigers, leopards, panthers and wildcats to name just a few. Enjoy viewing the local surroundings from a camel cart, camel, elephant, bicycle or jeep. Morning bicycle rides enable you to see the rural charm of the village and local farming hamlets and you can relax at the end of your adventure with a delicious picnic lunch in some spectacular locations.
- Location: Alwar, a 2-hour road transfer form Jaipur Airport.
- Accommodation: 40 Suites and Pool Pavilions.
- Activities: Visit the Ajabgarh Fort and Temple, Explore the countryside by camel cart, horseback, elephant, bicycle, jeep or Shikara boat, walking trails.
- Facilities: Swimming pool, spa.
- Weather: Best visited from October to April. Avoid the monsoon from May through to September.
- Children: Welcome, however no specific facilities. Babysitters can be arranged on request.