North Mara Conservancy, Kenya
Set alongside the Mara River, in the Mara North Conservancy, Alex Walker’s Serian Camp is an exclusive bush camp, consisting of just 7 tents, including a family tent.
Each of the luxury tents are fitted with a large double bed and an adjoining ‘bush bathroom’ which includes a shower, bush bathtub and flush loo. Complete privacy is ensured by means of hanging swathes of cotton and canvas walls.
Enjoy expansive views of the Mara River and the Oloololo escarpment when you wine and dine at the mess deck or simply cosy up in front of the indoor fireplace on a cool night. Serian Camp, with its rich warm textures and natural hardwoods, exudes a rather homely feeling.
The Maasai Mara, which sees the migration of one and a half million Wildebeest, Zebra and Topi during the months of July to November, is considered the ‘Jewel in the Crown of East Africa’. At camp, you’ll also get opportunities to go on 4WD off-road self drive safaris, horseback riding, day trips to Lake Victoria as well as filming, ballooning or cooking safaris.
Alex Walker’s Serian Camp Information
- Location: Mara North conservancy. A 40-minute flight to Musiara airstrip from Wilson Domestic Airport, followed by a road transfer of 45 minutes to the camp, stopping to look at game along the way.
- Accommodation: 7 luxury tents and 1 family tent.
- Facilities: Butler service, mess deck, helicopter transfers.
- Activities: Day and night game drives; guided walks, fly camping, Maasai cultural visits, picnics and bush dinners, river fishing, balloon safaris, fly camping, spa services, visits to Lake Victoria, horseback riding.
- Weather: Avoid the months of April and May which is the long rainy season. November is the short rainy season. The best time of year to visit is during the Wildebeest migration from July to October.
- Children: Welcome. Babysitting service available. The Family Tent is best suited for those travelling with children.