Situated within a green oasis surrounded by 225 square kilometres of dramatic desert landscape, Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa resembles an ancient Bedouin encampment. This is an exclusive and luxurious hideaway in Dubai that will appeal to those looking for a unique and secluded escape.
40 African-style luxury safari tents at Al Maha are spaced out to maximise privacy, and offer stunning views of the desert. Interiors are beautifully designed and feature huge beds, oversized baths, a unique collection of Arabian artifacts and all modern amenities. All tents feature their own pool and a sun deck. The lavish two-bedroom Emirates Suite is ideal for families with older children.
Dining at Al Maha provides endless unforgettable experiences. Menus are creative and delicious, featuring a blend of Arabic and international dishes. Al Diwaan provides organic fine dining with a relaxed ambience, as you sit on the verandah and enjoy the views. For a magical experience dine on Persian carpets in the dunes under the Arabian night sky, or enjoy a romantic meal in the privacy of your suite.
Guests wanting to relax and enjoy the surroundings can watch the wildlife from the comfort of your sun deck, laze by the infinity pool, or be pampered at the spa. More energetic activities include desert safaris, horse riding, archery and camel trekking.
Children under ten are not permitted at the resort.
Al Maha Information
- Location: Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve, 65 km from Dubai International Airport.
- Accommodation: 42 Suites.
- Facilities:Timeless Spa, restaurant, infinity pool, terraces.
- Activities: Trekking, camel riding, dune surfing, wildlife, birdwatching, archery, falconry.
- Weather: April – June is the best time to go, as well as September and October. July and August are very hot (can be over 100 degrees!) and from November to February there is a high chance of rain.
- Children: Welcome, activities suited for them on request.