Mactan Island, in the beautiful central Philippines, is home to Abaca Boutique Resort, an intimate oceanfront retreat in a tropical garden setting. Located close to Cebu this exclusive resort offers a unique private getaway in a stunning location.
The six suites and three villas are spacious and contemporary with traditional Filipino touches. All feature plush beds, oversized bathrooms and sundecks, as well as views over the ocean. A personal butler is on call 24 hours a day to help with anything you might need, whether it’s fetching the newspaper or ironing your clothes. Whilst this hugely romantic resort will appeal to couples, children are welcome and babysitting can be arranged.
The award-winning California-Mediterranean inspired restaurant provides fine dining on the Oceanfront, with a laid-back atmosphere in an open-air setting. Ask to sit at the Chef’s Table and you’ll be able to watch the chefs as they prepare all sorts of gastronomic delights.
Abaca is all about relaxing in luxury. The spa offers a variety of treatments in divine surroundings either inside or outdoors, a highlight being the Filipino Hilot massage. Many an hour can be spent lazing by the inviting black-tiled infinity pool, which has submerged seats and thatched cabanas next to it. There’s also a gym. For adventures on water, jet skis are available and the snorkelling and diving is superb.
- Location:Mactan Island, 15mins drive to Mactan-Cebu International Airport
- Accommodation:6 Deluxe Suites and 3 Villas.
- Activities:All-natural facials, therapeutic massages, personalized body treatments, swimming.
- Facilities:Award-winning restaurant, spa, wifi, infinity pool, fitness facility, Abaca Kids providing a range of activities, video games and computers for children.
- Weather:The climate is tropical with two seasons. The dry season runs from November to May and the wet season with scattered showers from June until October.
- Guide price: From USD 1414 for 3 nights in a Master Ocean Front Suite including return airport transfers for two pax (Shoulder Season)