Galle Fort, Sri Lanka
Designed by a leading Sri Lankan architect and interior designer, this stunning villa is just a stone’s throw from the Fort’s cafes, boutiques and art galleries. Cricket lovers will be delighted by the nearby test match ground, and golden beaches are just a short tuk tuk ride away.
One of the Fort’s largest houses, 41 Lighthouse Street is tasteful, private, and utterly luxurious. With huge open arches, exposed beams, and black and white chequered floors, this sanctuary is all about understated elegance. A large, bright garden frames the vast swimming pool and is ideal for a spot of sunbathing or alfresco dinners prepared by your own private chef. In case of tropical showers, the sheltered gazebo in the corner of the high-walled courtyard provides the perfect place to sit and watch the rain.
Boasting the only pool table in the entire fort plus an imported wine cellar, 41 Lighthouse Street is a great choice for both families and groups of friends.
Lightfoot Travel loves…
“The coolest thing about this boutique villa is that it’s slap bang in the middle of Galle Fort – one of the most intriguing historical sites in all of Sri Lanka.”
41 Lighthouse Street Information
- Location:Within Galle Fort. 3-4 hours drive from Bandaranaike International Airport
- Accommodation:3 double bedrooms
- Staff:Houseboys and private chef
- Activities:Close proximity to shops and restaurants, 200 yards from a cricket test match ground
- Facilites:Pool, pool table, free high speed Wi-Fi and satellite TV
- Weather:Months of December to April are the best time to visit, the monsoon season is June to August and October/November.