Spiritual Immersion Offer at Amankora Thimphu
Consisting of five lodges dotted across Bhutan’s pristine mountain terrain, Amankora offers unparalleled access to one of the world’s most intriguing countries. This September, Dr Karma Phuntsho – Buddhist scholar, humanitarian and author of the first comprehensive English-language history of Bhutan – will guide a journey, both literal and spiritual, between the lodges, combining sightseeing with yoga, meditation and lectures. The tour includes all meals and drinks, as well as one 60-minute spa treatment.
COST: USD 14,880 for an 8-night itinerary based on two guests sharing a double room.
Spiritual Immersion Offer includes:
- Two nights each at Thimphu, Gangtey, Punakha and Paro lodges
- All meals, including picnics and in-house drinks
- Airport transfers
- Laundry and wifi
- Private vehicle/driver and English-speaking guide for internal transfers and sightseeing
- One 60-minute spa treatment per person, taken once during the journey
- Yoga, meditation and lectures
- All touring and monument passes
Terms & conditions:
- Available for stays between 13 and 21 September 2016
- Applicable for new bookings only
- The offer cannot be combined with any other promotional or group rates
- Subject to availability
04/04/2016 to 21/09/2016
Amankora Thimphu Information
- Location & Getting There
Amankora Thimphu rises majestically from a blue pine forest in the steep upper reaches of the Motithang area of the Thimphu Valley, just a 2-hour drive from Paro Airport.
The 16 suites of the property comprise of a bedroom and an adjacent lounge, with a window banquette that provides fantastic views across a landscaped courtyard, stream or pine forest. The spacious bathroom features a terrazzo bath, which is separated from the bedroom with a traditional bukhari.
- Outdoor dining deck
- Dining: 1 restaurant
The hotel sits close to the capital’s intruiging sights and shopping, and plenty of attractions and activities of the city. These include the National Textile Museum, Folk Heritage Museum and the bustling Changlingmethang Market. Archery, fishing, golf and white water rafting are also possible within and around the hotel.
Children are welcome but no specific facilities are available as the resort is somewhat better suited for couples.