Matsutake Season Offer at Amankora Thimphu
Late summer in Bhutan is all about the highly sought-after matsutake mushroom, which comes into season in the wilderness countryside around Amankora. This year, we are offering guests the chance to observe and indulge with a four-night tour that includes an exclusive trip to the hamlet where the mushrooms are traded, plus all meals, including matsutake menus, and a private driver and guide for traversing this fascinating nation.
COST: USD 7,440 for a 4-night itinerary based on two guests sharing a double room.
Matsutake Season Offer includes:
- Two nights each at Amankora’s Thimphu and Paro lodges
- All meals (including matsutake menus and barbeque), picnics and in-house beverages
- Airport transfers
- Laundry and wifi
- A trip to Geneka, where the mushrooms are traded
- Private vehicle/driver and English-speaking guide for internal transfers and sightseeing
- All touring and monument passes
Terms & conditions:
- Available for stays between 1 August and 15 September 2016
- Applicable for new bookings only
- The offer cannot be combined with any other promotional or group rates
- Subject to availability
01/04/2016 to 15/09/2016
Amankora Thimphu Information
- Location & Getting There
Amankora Thimphu rises majestically from a blue pine forest in the steep upper reaches of the Motithang area of the Thimphu Valley, just a 2-hour drive from Paro Airport.
The 16 suites of the property comprise of a bedroom and an adjacent lounge, with a window banquette that provides fantastic views across a landscaped courtyard, stream or pine forest. The spacious bathroom features a terrazzo bath, which is separated from the bedroom with a traditional bukhari.
- Outdoor dining deck
- Dining: 1 restaurant
The hotel sits close to the capital’s intruiging sights and shopping, and plenty of attractions and activities of the city. These include the National Textile Museum, Folk Heritage Museum and the bustling Changlingmethang Market. Archery, fishing, golf and white water rafting are also possible within and around the hotel.
Children are welcome but no specific facilities are available as the resort is somewhat better suited for couples.