Como Bhutan and Bangkok Combined Offer:
- Book any Uma Bhutan package itinerary (minimum of five nights), such as ‘Himalayan Discovery’ or the ‘Himalayan Explorer’, and receive a complimentary overnight stay in a Metropolitan Room and complimentary breakfast at Metropolitan by COMO, Bangkok.
- Book itineraries of seven nights or more at Uma Paro or Uma Punakha and receive two complimentary nights in Bangkok.
Terms & conditions:
- This promotion is valid between December 2014 and February 2015 and from June 2015 until August 2015.
- The Bangkok extension can be taken before or after your stay in Bhutan. Two complimentary nights can be split or taken together. Reservations for Metropolitan Bangkok must be made with the Uma Bhutan Reservations Team and are subject to availability.
- Offer available for new bookings only
21/10/2014 to 31/08/2015
COMO Uma Paro Information
- Location & Getting There
COMO Uma Paro sits on a breathtaking tree-clad hill overlooking the town of Paro, with spectacular, almost spiritual, views. The hotel is a 10-minute drive from the Paro International Airport, with daily service from Bangkok, Kolkata, Delhi, Kathmandu, and Singapore.
In a striking example of contrast, the modern Zen-inspired architecture and interiors at COMO Uma Paro feel completely at home among the raw natural beauty of the Himalayas. Nine villas and the main lodge (that houses 20 luxury rooms) are set into 38 acres of wooded hillsides, with stunning views of the peaks above and the valleys below.
Every guest space combines colourful accents and traditional Bhutanese craftsmanship with light-filled, clean-lined contemporary design. From the 25 square metre forest view rooms, to the 300 square metre spectacular Como Villa, every space is designed to elevate your mind and soothe your soul.
You could lose hours just staring at the surreal beauty of the Himalayan landscape from your sumptuous room, but that would be a shame, because there is so much to see and do. Bhutan is a trekking country, so don’t miss the opportunity to hike some of the world’s most impressive mountainous terrain, including the challenging, but jaw-dropping, one-day hike up to the mountain-perched monastery Tiger’s Nest, with prayer flags creating a colourful trail. You’ll meet donkeys, horses, and monks on the ascent, and, at the top, if the overwhelming sense of awe and peace doesn't satiate you, a delicious tiffin box of healthy snacks will.
There are mountain biking adventures (mostly downhill) through nearby villages, where you can observe local life. There is a national museum and a mystical temple, with an orange tree that magically bears fruit all year round. There are scenic adventures by helicopter and guided tours on 4WD. And when you feel like completely turning off, there is the Bhutan spa, where a range of holistic, Asian-inspired treatments will calm your spirit and still your mind.
COMO Uma Paro welcomes young guests; babysitting services are available upon request and dining options can be tailored for young palettes. The resort is best enjoyed, however, by older children who can partake in the trekking, cycling, and other cultural activities on offer.