Stay in the untouched lands of Kenya, where there is nothing but wild animals against a beautiful backdrop of never ending grass. Your trip will take you to quaint safaris, where you can truly immerse yourself into the animal world, away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
Spend 3 nights in the Great Rift Valley where you will get the chance to see Lake Nakuru, famous for its thousands of flamingos and wildlife that throng the area.
The rest of the trip will be spent in the Masai Mara, where you are almost sure to see the Big Five – the lion, elephant, buffalo, leopard and rhinoceros – the most difficult and dangerous animals to hunt on foot in Africa.
Day 1: Arrive in Nairobi
On arrival into Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, you will be met your guide and transferred to Naivasha, a 2 hour drive away. You will experience magnificent sceneries and landscapes along the way, and arrive at Loldia House in time for lunch. Located in the Great Rift Valley with beautiful views of Mt. Longonot, this will be your accommodation for the next 3 nights.
Stay: Loldia House
Day 2: Day trip to Lake Nakuru National Park
Today you will be taken on a daytrip to Lake Nakuru National Park, famous for its thousands of flamingos and rhinoceroses. Other animals like buffaloes, giraffes, lions and antelopes abound in this relatively small park, making it a mesmerizing experience that you will not forget.
Stay: Loldia House
Day 3: Day at leisure
Enjoy your day as you check out Loldia House’s facilities. Go for a game drive during the day or night, bird viewing on Lake Naivasha, or take a trip to Hell’s Gate National Park to check out its steam geysers.
Stay: Loldia House
Day 4: Onwards to Masai Mara Game Reserve
After lunch, you will be transferred to the airstrip for the scheduled flight to the Masai Mara. On arrival at Keekorok airstrip, you will be met and transferred to Cottar’s Camp, situated in an untouched exclusive concession bordering the Serengeti, Masai Mara and Loliondo reserves. Along the way, you will be get the opportunity to see majestic predators up close.
Days 5 - 6: Exploring the Masai Mara Game Reserve
The next two days will be spent at Cottar’s Camp, where you are guaranteed luxury in a private setting. The white canvas tents include private ensuite dressing rooms and bathrooms, main bedrooms and verandas, with family tents also having a living room with a fireplace. Wild animals roam freely around, truly immersing you in a natural environment. Go for bush walks, river swimming, fishing, and game drives, or visit the welcoming Masai community.
Day 7: Departure
After breakfast, you will be transferred to the airstrip for the scheduled flight to Nairobi. A guide will meet and transfer you to the international airport for your journey home.
|Day 1:||Arrive in Nairobi||Loldia House|
|Day 2:||Day trip to Lake Nakuru National Park||Loldia House|
|Day 3:||Day at leisure||Loldia House|
|Day 4:||Onwards to Masai Mara Game Reserve||Cottars 1920s Safari Camp|
|Days 5 - 6:||Exploring the Masai Mara Game Reserve||Cottars 1920s Safari Camp|
- Accommodation with full board
- Transfers (by road and internal flights)
- Conservation fees
- 24 hour emergency contact
- International flights
- Visas and airport taxes
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Travel insurance (please note that travel insurance is mandatory for all Lightfoot Travel holidays)
From USD 4,770 per person based on two guests travelling
Notes on our prices
- This price guide provides you with a broad indication of how much to budget for your holiday.
- Prices are generally based on two people travelling together (unless stated otherwise) on a shared room basis.
- Prices can fluctuate depending on season, standard of accommodation, excursions selected (private versus shared) etc.
- This basic structure works very nicely, but don’t forget that Lightfoot Travel can provide a range of experiences and we tailor-make each itinerary based on your travel requirements. Get in touch to start planning your perfect trip with your own travel consultant
- Capital: Nairobi
- Main Language: Swahili, English
- Major International Airports: Nairobi Airport
- GMT Time zone: +3
- Currency: Kenyan Shilling (KES)
- Best Time to go: The best time to go is during June to October, or January to February when the weather is drier, Peak season is during July to November, January and February.
- Watch thousands of flamingos and rhinoceroses at Lake Nakuru
- Beautiful views from the Great Rift Valley
- Go on a game drive to see dangerous predators up close
- Enjoy the company of the local Masai community
From USD 4,770 per person