On this spectacular visit to Indochina, you will explore the culture and history of the countries and learn the legends of the famous temples of Angkor Wat. Get a bird’s eye view of the Lost Temples and visit the Buddha statues of the Pak Ou caves. End your days back at your fabulous hotels where the top tier service will cater to your every need.
Day 1: Arrival into Siem Reap
Upon arrival in Siem Reap you will be met by your English speaking guide who will transfer you to the Amansara for your stay of 3 nights. The rest of the day is at your leisure to get settled and explore your surroundings. Lightfoot Travel is happy to make any dinner recommendations or dinner reservations for you.
Day 2: Exploring Angkor Wat
Today you will explore the temples surrounding Angkor Wat as your English speaking guide takes you on an exclusive tour to Angkor Thom and Ta Prohm where you will learn all about the history behind these amazing sculptures.
Day 3: Helicopter ride over temples
Explore the remote temples of the surrounding area by helicopter where you will capture exclusive views of the temples. You will land 4 times during your tour of the Lost Jungle Temples including stops at Banteay Chmar, Koh Ker, and Ben Mealea. This scenic flight will offer you a bird’s eye perspective of Cambodian life and the full layout of the Angkorian civilisation. Finish your day off with a temple picnic at Banteay Ompeul for a once in a lifetime experience.
Day 4: Siem Reap to Luang Prabang
Today after check out you will be met by your guide who will transfer you by private transfer to the airport in time to catch your flight to Luang Prabang. Upon arrival you will be met and transferred to the Amantaka. Upon arrival at your hotel, the rest of the day is at your leisure to get settled and explore your surroundings. Lightfoot Travel is happy to make any dinner recommendations and reservations for you.
Day 5: Excursion to Pak Ou Caves
Today you will be transferred to the boat docking station to embark on a 2-hour local motorized boat ride along the Mekong River to visit the famous Pak Ou Caves where hundreds of gilded and wooden Buddha statues are housed inside a towering limestone cliff. Stop by at the local primary school en route to get a glimpse of the education system and infrastructure. You will then be driven back to Luang Prabang after your excursion. In the afternoon, set out to Ban Xangkhong village which lies hidden along the Mekong River – known for weaving and Sa paper making. You will have the chance to experience the real Luang Prabang life by interacting with the local people. This evening, visit the night market for traditional textiles and handicrafts made by the hill tribes.
Day 6: Excursion to Kuang Si waterfall
Depart for a one hour drive south to one of Luang Prabang’s most picturesque sights, the Kuang Si waterfall. Stop en route at Phosy market where you can observe the locals trading in fresh produce. On arrival, take a leisurely hike through the national park towards the stunning Kuang Si waterfall. Enjoy a picnic lunch in the tranquil surroundings of the park before you transfer back to Amantaka by private vehicle.
Day 7: Departure
After check out you will be met by your guide who will take you by private transfer to Luang Prabang airport in time to catch your flight home.
|Day 1:||Arrival into Siem Reap||Amansara|
|Day 2:||Exploring Angkor Wat||Amansara|
|Day 3:||Helicopter ride over temples||Amansara|
|Day 4:||Siem Reap to Luang Prabang||Amantaka|
|Day 5:||Excursion to Pak Ou Caves||Amantaka|
|Day 6:||Excursion to Kuang Si waterfall||Amantaka|
- Accommodation in a shared twin/double room in selected hotels, including breakfast
- English speaking local guide
- Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air conditioned vehicle unless stated otherwise
- Entrance fees for mentioned visits
- Drinking water and cold towels on sightseeing days
- Airfares: from Siem Reap to Luang Prabang
- 24 hour emergency contact
- International flights
- Camera/video entrance fees if applicable
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Early check in/ late check-out.
- Travel insurance (please note that this is requried for all Lightfoot Travel holidays)
From USD 6,055 per person based on two guests travelling
Notes on our prices
- This price guide provides you with a broad indication of how much to budget for your holiday.
- Prices are generally based on two people travelling together (unless stated otherwise) on a shared room basis.
- Prices can fluctuate depending on season, standard of accommodation, excursions selected (private versus shared) etc.
- This basic structure works very nicely, but don’t forget that Lightfoot Travel can provide a range of experiences and we tailor-make each itinerary based on your travel requirements. Get in touch to start planning your perfect trip with your own travel consultant
- Capital: Vientiane
- Main Language: Laotian
- Population: 6.28m (2011)
- Time Zone: GMT +7
- Currency: Lao Kip (LAK)
- Stay in two of the region’s most luxurious Aman Resorts
- Explore one of the world’s most stunning and legendary temples – Angkor Wat
- Helicoptor trip to see the Lost Temples
- See the Pak Ou Caves and visit a local village
- Kuang Si Waterfalls and Phosy Market
From USD 6,055 per person