This week-long itinerary takes you to two of Thailand’s treasured destinations: Chiang Mai and Phuket.
Whilst in Chiang Mai, you will stumble upon hidden gems as the city contains hundreds of sacred temples, you will savour the laid-back atmosphere and indulge in the region’s tasty cuisine. Once you depart Chiang Mai, you will be a ‘mahout’ and know how to expertly ride an elephant as you will get up close and personal with these magnificent creatures.
Phuket is ideal for winding down and admiring multi-coloured sunsets as you sip on cocktails from the beach. The close-by Phi Phi Islands makes for a wonderful diving day-excursion and you never too far from the bustling city for night-time adventures.
Day 1: Arrival
Upon arrival into Chiang Mai, you will be transferred to your accommodation, Rachamankha.
The rest of the day is at leisure. We recommend either making the most of the hotel’s facilities by relaxing by the pool followed by a massage at the spa. Or, stroll through the city of Chiang Mai and sample the region’s unique cuisine.
Day 2: Rachamankha – Chiang Mai
In the morning, you will travel out of Chiang Mai to Patara Elephant Camp for your full-day elephant care course and mahout training. During this day-long excursion, you will learn the basics of elephant care and learning how to ride them bare-backed. Once your ‘mahout’ training is complete, you will enjoy an elephant ride with you at the reigns.
Day 3: Rachamankha – Chiang Mai
Start off your day with a tour of the market where you will buy fresh and exotic Thai produce. Your market purchases will then be used for your Thai cooking class. Skilled and friendly teachers will impart the secrets of Thai cooking, and by the time you complete the course, you will not only have learned a thing or two about Thai cuisine, but will also have had a memorable and tasty experience.
The rest of the day is at leisure. We recommend a visit to the city’s temples in the afternoon followed by bargain hunting at Chiang Mai’s night market.
Day 4: Chiang Mai - Phuket
Depart from Chiang Mai en route to your next destination, Phuket. Upon arrival, you will be transferred to your accommodation, The Surin, located on Pansea Beach on northwest Phuket.
Spent the day relaxing by the pool and going for a dip in the warm, turquoise ocean.
Stay: The Surin, Phuket
Day 5-6: The Surin– Phuket
The next two days are at leisure.
Phuket has a lot to offer besides its beautiful and restful beaches: old Phuket Town and its Sino –Portuguese splendours, Big Buddha, local cuisine…
The James Bond islands and Phi Phi islands are only a speedboat ride away and are well worth the detour
Stay: The Surin, Phuket
Day 7: Departure
You will be transferred to the airport for your return flight.
|Day 2:||Rachamankha – Chiang Mai||Rachamankha|
|Day 3:||Rachamankha – Chiang Mai||Rachamankha|
|Day 4:||Chiang Mai - Phuket||The Surin, Phuket|
|Day 5-6:||The Surin– Phuket||The Surin, Phuket|
- Accommodation with daily breakfast
- All transfers and transport
- English speaking guides
- All entrance fees on tour
- Airfares: Chiang Mai to Phuket
- 24 hour emergency contact
- International airfaire
- All drinks
- Visa and airport taxes
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Travel insurance (please note that travel insurance is mandatory for all Lightfoot Travel holidays
From USD 1,550 per person based on two guests travelling
Notes on our prices
- This price guide provides you with a broad indication of how much to budget for your holiday.
- Prices are generally based on two people travelling together (unless stated otherwise) on a shared room basis.
- Prices can fluctuate depending on season, standard of accommodation, excursions selected (private versus shared) etc.
- This basic structure works very nicely, but don’t forget that Lightfoot Travel can provide a range of experiences and we tailor-make each itinerary based on your travel requirements. Get in touch to start planning your perfect trip with your own travel consultant