As Indonesia’s tourist hotspot, Bali is teeming with visitors wanting to see everything from its striking temples Tanah Lot and Uluwatu, to soaking up the sun and hitting the popular bars in Seminyak. But for those who are looking for a true taste of Indonesia’s unexplored beaches and uncommercialized culture, Sumba is the place for you.
Spend a few days getting settled in Bali, then hop on one of the weekly chartered flights to Nihiwatu. Spend your days relaxing in this remote paradise full of lush green jungles that are great for walking, endless beaches all to yourself, and fascinating cultural sites to visit.
Scuba junkies will also love the teeming marine life beneath the surface of the pristine sea. After a glorious week in heaven, Nihiwatu’s plane will take you back to Bali, to spend a few more days in Ubud – Bali’s cultural hub.
Day 1: Arrive into Bali
Arrive at Bali Denpasar International Airport and transfer 2 hours to Alila Villas Soori in Canggu. Relax and enjoy the comforts of your villa after the journey. Soak in the villa’s breathtaking surroundings – from verdant rice terraces and beautiful black-sand beaches overlooking the azure Indian Ocean, these private luxury villas in Bali are perfectly positioned to enjoy panoramic ocean views and breezes.
Stay: Soori Bali
Day 2-3: Day at leisure
You have the days at leisure to explore the island, or relax in the comforts of your villa. We suggest a lazy decadent breakfast, a spa in the afternoon and sundowners in Seminyak for a little fun.
Stay: Soori Bali
Day 4: From Tabanan to Sumba
Today you will be transferred to Bali Denpasar Airport for your domestic flight to Sumba, followed by a 90 minute drive through the countryside on your way from Tambolaka airport to the remote coastline of Nihiwatu.
Nihiwatu beauty undoubtedly lies in its remoteness as a small and exclusive island hideaway with 175 hectares of tropical forest, rice terraces and grasslands, while its stunning two and half kilometers of beachfront are protected by headlands that ensure total exclusivity for guests. For those looking for a little action, we recommend activities such as sensational fishing, surfing and diving.
Day 5 - 10: Relaxing in Sumba
Do everything or do nothing – begin your morning meditating on the beauty that surrounds you, from the lush jungle on one side to the exclusive beach and Indian Ocean stretching out as far as the eye can see on the other. Kick back in the afternoon overlooking paradise, relax by the pool, or take leisurely walks along the beach or island excursions. Culture vultures can visit Nihiwatu’s Stone Age sites and traditional villages that have remained unchanged for centuries with its ancient animist rituals that are truly incredible.
Day 11: From Sumba to Ubud
You have the day at leisure to relax until your return flight to Bali. Upon arrival in Bali you will be trasferred to the lush Uma Ubud, and treated to the lush green scenery of this unique region. Settle in by the Ayung River and experience the rich, traditional life existing amongst the region’s forests and mist-wrapped rice terraces.
Stay: Uma Ubud
Day 12 - 13: Exploring Ubud
Enjoy a guided walk through the rice paddies to discover Bali’s rich Hindu culture and Ubud’s serene landscape. Explore Ubud’s temples, galleries and artists’ ateliers with your private guide. Active adventures also await the restless, such as mountain biking and white water rafting. For those looking for a more holistic activity, Uma Ubud provides the perfect setting to enjoy some Yoga.
Stay: Uma Ubud
Day 14: Departure
You have the day at leisure till you head for the airport, a wonderful end to your holiday.
|Day 1:||Arrive into Bali||Soori Bali|
|Day 2-3:||Day at leisure||Soori Bali|
|Day 4:||From Tabanan to Sumba||Nihiwatu|
|Day 5 - 10:||Relaxing in Sumba||Nihiwatu|
|Day 11:||From Sumba to Ubud||Uma Ubud|
|Day 12 - 13:||Exploring Ubud||Uma Ubud|
- Hotel accommodation with daily breakfast
- Tours & transfers by private air-conditionned vehicles
- English speaking local guide
- All entrance fees & tours as indicaed in itinerary
- Return domestic flight Bali- Sumba – Bali
- 24 hour emergency contact
- International flights
- Airport taxes and visas
- Camera/ video entrance fees
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Travel insurance (please note that travel insurance is mandatory for all Lightfoot Travel holidays)
From USD 7,000 per person based on two guests travelling (including domestic flights)
Notes on our prices
- This price guide provides you with a broad indication of how much to budget for your holiday.
- Prices are generally based on two people travelling together (unless stated otherwise) on a shared room basis.
- Prices can fluctuate depending on season, standard of accommodation, excursions selected (private versus shared) etc.
- This basic structure works very nicely, but don’t forget that Lightfoot Travel can provide a range of experiences and we tailor-make each itinerary based on your travel requirements. Get in touch to start planning your perfect trip with your own travel consultant
- Capital: Jakarta
- Main Language: Bahasa Indonesia
- Population: 242.3m (2011)
- Time Zone: GMT +8
- Currency: Indonesian Rupiah (IDR)
- Best time to go: April through October
- Private pool villas that are a stone’s throw away from Tanah Lot and Seminyak
- Remote beachfront luxury living
- View the wild and traditional Pasola ceremonies involving hundreds of charging horsemen battling with spears on a large playing field
From USD 7,000 per person