Siem Reap, the gateway to the famed temples of Angkor is an adventure in itself.
Siem Reap With Kids is a 5 day itinerary, during which time you will not only explore and revel in the beauty of these numerous magnificent temples, but also dive head first into unforgettable adventures with your family in this stunning Cambodian heritage site. Visit villages along the Tonle Sap Lake and discover their unique lifestyle, quad bike through the beautiful countryside and play Tarzan as you zip-line through the Cambodian jungle.
Day 1: Arrival into Siem Reap
Upon arrival into Siem Reap, you will be transferred to your accommodation, Victoria Angkor Resort & Spa, the ideal hotel for a lovely family getaway. Relax in the morning to recuperate from your trip, by enjoying the hotel’s pool.
In the afternoon, hop onto your ‘remork’ (local tuk tuk) which will take you on a journey the legendary Angkor Wat. To get an idea of the sheer size of the complex, take a ride on a helium balloon, which takes you 120m up in the air, the perfect location to watch the sun set over Angkor.
Day 2: Cruising the Tonle Sap River
Today, you will embark on an adventure to Tonle Sap Lake, where you will have the opportunity to learn more about the locals’ lifestyle. Designated as a UNESCO Biosphere reserve, Tonle Sap Lake is the largest freshwater lake in Southeast Asia.
In the afternoon, you will be taken to the Happy Ranch, just outside of Siem Reap for a 2 hour horse-riding expedition on pure Cambodian breed horses. During this ride, you will wander through rice fields, local villages and the rarely visited temple of Wat Atvea.
Day 3: Temples of Angkor
After breakfast, continue your explorations of the Angkor complex, starting off with Angkor Thom, Bayon Temple, Terrace of the Elephants, Terrace of the Leper King and Ta Prohm.
In the afternoon, you have two options: return to the hotel and relax or head to Beng Mealea to explore the recently discovered temple. If you prefer, a quad bike adventure can be organised too.
Day 4: Butterflies and Eco-adventure
Start off your morning with a visit to Banteay Srei Butterfly Center, where you will learn more about these species.
Later on, prepare for an adventure through the Cambodia jungle as you zip-line through the Angkor Archaeological Park. The highest zip line is a soaring 50 meters above the canopy, and the longest is 350 meters.
Day 5: Departure
Enjoy some time at leisure before being transferred to the airport for your return flight.
|Day 1:||Arrival into Siem Reap||Victoria Angkor Resort & Spa|
|Day 2:||Cruising the Tonle Sap River||Victoria Angkor Resort & Spa|
|Day 3:||Temples of Angkor||Victoria Angkor Resort & Spa|
|Day 4:||Butterflies and Eco-adventure||Victoria Angkor Resort & Spa|
- Accommodation in a shared twin/double room in selected hotels, including breakfast
- English speaking local guide
- Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air conditioned vehicle unless stated otherwise
- Entrance fees for mentioned visits
- Daily drinking water and cold towels
- 24 hour emergency contact
- International flights
- Camera/video entrance fees if applicable
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Early check in/ late check-out.
- Travel insurance (please note that this is requried for all Lightfoot Travel holidays)
From 3,585 for a family of 2 adults and 2 children
Notes on our prices
- This price guide provides you with a broad indication of how much to budget for your holiday.
- Prices are generally based on two people travelling together (unless stated otherwise) on a shared room basis.
- Prices can fluctuate depending on season, standard of accommodation, excursions selected (private versus shared) etc.
- This basic structure works very nicely, but don’t forget that Lightfoot Travel can provide a range of experiences and we tailor-make each itinerary based on your travel requirements. Get in touch to start planning your perfect trip with your own travel consultant