Nine days to explore Kenya’s heartlands and revel in the beauty to behold. You will quickly be accustomed to having elephants roaming in front of your lodge as you wake up to catch those first rays of light.
The scenery will equally amaze you – open plains as far as the eye can see, dramatic skies – as will the friendliness of the Kenyans. During your trip, you will visit the regions of Laikipia and the Masai Mara – sure to leave a lasting impression – and experience some of the best lodges in Kenya.
Day 1: Arrival
Upon arrival into Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, Nairobi, you will be transferred to Wilson Airport for your flight to Samburu. On arrival at the airstrip, you will be met and transferred to Joy’s Camp, an elegant oasis in the arid lands of Samburu.
Stay: Joys Camp
Day 2-3: Shaba National Reserve
During these two days, you will revel in the Shaba National Reserve beauty and enjoy the wildlife that parades nonchalantly through the grounds. Watching elephants and lions jostle for watering rights in a large spring is a normal sight in the camp’s vicinity.
Joy’s Camp is also the perfect choice for guests interested in a glimpse of Kenyan history, as well as those looking for an authentic wildlife experience, combined with the comfort of a luxury-tented camp.
Stay: Joys Camp
Day 4-5: Onwards to Laikipia
After breakfast, you will be transferred to Chaffa airstrip for the private charter flight to Sosian. On arrival, you will met by Sosian Lodge representative.
Located on part of the private Sosian ranch, Sosian Lodge is ideally situated in an area with panoramic views of the majestic Mt. Kenya to one side, and the rolling peaks of the Aberdare Mountains on the other. With only 6 cottages to the lodge, designed for warmth to accommodate for the cool evenings brought in by the crisp mountain air, each room has its own fireplace, creating a cosy and homely feel. During the day, you can relax on your private deck and enjoy the vast spaces around you.
Stay: Sosian Lodge
Day 6-8: Onwards to Masai Mara
After breakfast, you will be transferred to the airstrip for the Safarilink scheduled flight to the Masai Mara. On arrival at Mara North airstrip, you will be met and transferred to the camp with game viewing en route.
During these next two days, you will stay at Elephant Pepper Camp, Elephant Pepper Camp a small and exclusive safari camp, situated in the heart of the Masai Mara’s protected Mara North Conservancy. The camp looks out across the Mara’s vast open savannah plains. The spacious canvas tents are comfortably furnished, featuring solar lighting, and en suite bathrooms with flush toilets and traditional safari showers. Elephant Pepper Camp brings people back to nature – no traffic, no permanent structures, just the sights and sounds of the African bush.
Stay: Elephant Pepper Camp
Day 9: Departure
Return to Nairobi for international flight home.
|Day 1:||Arrival||Joys Camp|
|Day 2-3:||Shaba National Reserve||Joys Camp|
|Day 4-5:||Onwards to Laikipia||Sosian Lodge|
|Day 6-8:||Onwards to Masai Mara||Elephant Pepper Camp|
- Accommodation with full board
- Transfers (by road and internal flights)
- Conservation fees
- 24 hour emergency contact
- International flights
- Visas and airport taxes
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Travel insurance (please note that travel insurance is mandatory for all Lightfoot Travel holidays)
From USD 6,240 per person based on two guests travelling
Notes on our prices
- This price guide provides you with a broad indication of how much to budget for your holiday.
- Prices are generally based on two people travelling together (unless stated otherwise) on a shared room basis.
- Prices can fluctuate depending on season, standard of accommodation, excursions selected (private versus shared) etc.
- This basic structure works very nicely, but don’t forget that Lightfoot Travel can provide a range of experiences and we tailor-make each itinerary based on your travel requirements. Get in touch to start planning your perfect trip with your own travel consultant
- Capital: Nairobi
- Main Language: Swahili, English
- Population: 41.61m (2011)
- Time Zone: GMT +3
- Currency: Kenyan Shilling (KES)
- Best time to go: July through February
- The beauty of Shaba National Reserve
- Majestic views of Mount Kenya in Laikipia
- Encounter with Masai Mara tribes
From USD 6,240 per person