Modernity mingles with ancient history as you make your way through Central Java. Experience the local way of life as you hop on a bicycle and ride through rice paddies. Watch as farmers work on their land and children play in the playground. Amongst the most tranquil places in South East Asia, you will also witness the spectacular sunrise over the Borobudur complex, a sight to behold!
Enjoy 3 days of romance and culture in Java.
Day 1: Arrival
After arriving at Yogyakarta Airport, you will be met by your guide who will take you to the Prambanan Temple, the main temple complex in the Prambanan plain. This main complex was built in the 8th century under the Mataram Hindu kingdom. Originally comprised of over 54 smaller surrounding temples, with three main temples in the center, today only the three main temples, and three of the smaller temples, are standing. The temples have severely deteriorated since they were abandoned in the 13th century, when the Javanese Hindu kings began migrating from Central to East Java fleeing the Muslim conquerors.
Transfer to your hotel, the Plataran Borobudur. With only 8 ‘villas’, Plataran Borobodur is ideal for those looking for privacy, with all the modern conveniences you could need.
In the evening, you will be picked-up by your guide and taken to Candirejo Village to witness a special performance of the Jaranan Dance, a traditional Javanese dance depicting a group of horsemen.
Stay: Plataran Borobudur
Day 2: Discovering the region
In the morning begin with a drive to Kedung Kayang Waterfall, situated in Wonolelo village. Kedung Kayang waterfall is stunning and you will be able to view it from both the top and the bottom.
Continue with a scenic journey to the Wonosari area for another waterfall called Sri Gethuk. Lunch will be provided at a local restaurant en-route. Located on the Oya River and surrounded by green rice fields, Sri Gethuk flows continuously. Finally arriving at Sri Gethuk, you will see beautiful stones below the falls forming a terrace at the edge of a luxurious pool, an open invitation for swimmers.
The final leg for today is an evening performance of the Ramayana Ballet in town, followed by dinner.
Stay: Plataran Borobudur
Day 3: Departure
After an early rise, you will head to the stunning Borobudur temple. Borobudur is the largest single Budhist monument in the Southern Hemisphere. Here you can climb the steps, and along the way see the 1640 relief panels and 504 Buddha effigies within the complex. Upon reaching the top you will await one of the most glorious sunrises in Indonesia, as the morning light breaks over the valley and temple.
As you climb to the top of the monument don’t forget to look inside the bell shaped domes, where Buddha statues also await the sunrise. Return to your hotel for breakfast and enjoy some time at leisure before transferring to the airport for your flight back home.
|Day 1:||Arrival||Plataran Borobudur|
|Day 2:||Discovering the region||Plataran Borobudur|
- Accommodation including breakfast
- Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air conditioned vehicle unless stated otherwise
- 24 hour emergency contact
- International flights
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Early check in/ late check-out.
- Travel insurance (please note that this is required for all Lightfoot Travel holidays)
From USD 3,000 for 2 adults based on two persons travelling
Notes on our prices
- This price guide provides you with a broad indication of how much to budget for your holiday.
- Prices are generally based on two people travelling together (unless stated otherwise) on a shared room basis.
- Prices can fluctuate depending on season, standard of accommodation, excursions selected (private versus shared) etc.
- This basic structure works very nicely, but don’t forget that Lightfoot Travel can provide a range of experiences and we tailor-make each itinerary based on your travel requirements. Get in touch to start planning your perfect trip with your own travel consultant
- Stay at the beautiful Plataran Borobudur
- Visit the famous Prambanan Temple
- Witness the Jaranan Dance, a traditional Javanese dance
- View one of the most beautiful sunrises from Borobudur temple
From USD 3,000 for 2 adults