Kamalaya, is the perfect beach-side retreat for some R&R. Tucked away in the tropics of Southern Koh Samui, this wellness sanctuary, built around a sacred Monk’s cave, is perfectly nestled within the nature it resides in. In just five days, you’ll be feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
Day 1: Arrival
Upon arrival, you will be met and transferred from the airport to your hotel, Kamalaya. Your wellness experience starts in the afternoon with the following:
- 15 minutes Body Bio Impedance Analysis (BIA). BIA is a method of measuring several key health markers, including levels of hydration, the ratio of body fat against lean muscle mass, and cellular vitality. This helps to determine a realistic measure of your health and wellbeing.
- 45 minutes Wellness Consultation. An initial Wellness Consultation is included with every Kamalaya stay. During this orientation, one of the Holistic Consultants will talk with you about your wellness concerns and goals and then advise you on the best treatment plan to maximise the benefit of your stay.
- 90 minutes Vital Essence Oil Massage. Kamalaya’s unique Vital Essence Oil Massage combines Asian knowledge of energy principles with the science of aromatherapy to create the perfect synergy between East and West. This magical and harmonising experience is a simple and effective way to let go of tensions, improve your health, balance your emotions, and enhance your life.
You will have the remainder of the day at leisure to explore the surroundings or just relax.
Day 2: Traditional Asian Massage
Today you will be pampered with two traditional Asian treatments. The first one is a 60 minutes Traditional Asian Foot Massage, followed by a Traditional Asian Hand Massage.
Ancient Chinese theory of approximately 5000 years ago observed that feet are miniature maps of your entire body, with specific points on the feet corresponding to all major body parts and organs. Effective for calming the mind, relieving headaches and inducing deep and restful sleep.
Meanwhile, the Traditional Asian Hand Massage is inspired by Korean hand acupuncture, opens the energy channels of your chest, lungs, and heart centre thereby facilitating the release of accumulated emotional stress and old emotional patterns, particularly those associated with sadness and grief.
Day 3: Afternoon treatments
Make the most of your morning at leisure: work up a sweat at the gym or simply laze by the beach with a book in hand.
In the afternoon, indulge in the following treatments:
- 45 minutes Traditional Asian Hand massage.
- 30 minutes Chi Nei Tsang. Unique to Thailand, Chi Nei Tsang is excellent for a diversity of health imbalances from digestive problems to nervous tension and stress. It promotes circulation and therefore health of the internal organs, while also balancing the nervous system to release stress and facilitate healing.
- 30 minutes Far Infrared Sauna. Use of the Far Infrared Sauna has many therapeutic benefits; it stimulates circulation and boosts immunity, increases metabolism and the burning of calories, and promotes detoxification to purify the body. The Far Infrared Sauna promotes deep muscle relaxation to banish tension and stress and a feeling of wellbeing is achieved.
Day 4: A mix of Thai and Indian treatments
In the morning, enjoy a revitalizing and energetic 90-minute Traditional Thai massage, followed by a relaxing 60-minute Indian Head Massage in the afternoon.
Your journey begins with a masterful combination of Thai stretching techniques and deep tissue pressure point massage. This stimulates the blood flow, releases toxins, and allows the body to naturally heal itself and restore suppleness.
Meanwhile the Indian Head Massage, which is based on the ancient healing system of Ayurveda, relieve tension and blockages from your shoulders, neck, back and scalp. Using deep thumb and finger pressure, you will experience improved circulation to the head, the release of emotional and physical tension, and an enhanced state of relaxation and mental clarity.
Day 5: Departure
Start off your day with a 90-minute Vital Essence Oil Massage. This magical and harmonising experience is a simple and effective way to let go of tensions, improve your health, balance your emotions, and enhance your life.
As this is your last day in this wellness sanctuary, you will finish off with a Wellness Consultation and a 75-minute Lotus Blossom Scrub & Wrap. This treatment is combining the exfoliating benefits of Kamalaya’s Lotus Seed Scrub and the replenishing and healing properties of Lotus Blossom Wrap for a rejuvenating mind-body experience.
Later in the day, you will depart Koh Samui and be transferred to the airport to catch your return flight home.
|Day 2:||Traditional Asian Massage||Kamalaya|
|Day 3:||Afternoon treatments||Kamalaya|
|Day 4:||A mix of Thai and Indian treatments||Kamalaya|
Price available upon request
Notes on our prices
- This price guide provides you with a broad indication of how much to budget for your holiday.
- Prices are generally based on two people travelling together (unless stated otherwise) on a shared room basis.
- Prices can fluctuate depending on season, standard of accommodation, excursions selected (private versus shared) etc.
- This basic structure works very nicely, but don’t forget that Lightfoot Travel can provide a range of experiences and we tailor-make each itinerary based on your travel requirements. Get in touch to start planning your perfect trip with your own travel consultant.