The Maldives is the ultimate in barefoot luxury. Kick off your shoes, step away from stress-inducing urbanisation, and totally get away from it all at one of the most beautiful places on earth – Cocoa Island.
Feel yourself start to decompress upon arrival at Cocoa Island. Dotted with palm trees and lined with sandy shores, COMO wellness is inherent in their initiative menus full of healthy food, fresh juices and (for those looking for something a little stronger) potent cocktails!
Activities abound on and off the island with kayaking and other water sports, a range of wellness classes, lazing around the shallow shores, and indulging in the resort’s extensive spa menu.
Day 1: Male Airport – Cocoa Island
Upon arrival in Male you will be met by our Lightfoot Travel representative, who will give you a quick safety briefing prior to your speedboat departure from the North Male atoll, down to the South Male atoll. The forty minute transfer will take you through the shallowest of waters as you marvel at the remote islands dotted around the Indian Ocean. You will be met by your butler and taken to your overwater villa – many of which are shaped as a Dhoni (the style of Maldivian boat). These are white-washed Hampton’s beach houses with homely touches of comfort as you can lie on your scatter cushions, or the leisurely sunbeds on the deck, before plunging into the sea.
Days 2-5: Maldives – Cocoa Island
Spend your days wandering around the sandy spits that stretch for an eternity along the shoreline at low-tide. Visit the small select spa of just four treatment rooms that lives up to the ‘Como’ vibe with a sense of balance and wellbeing with some fabulous signature treatments. The complimentary daily yoga classes as well as the meditation options are all possible to re-energise those harmonious bonds.
The food is a definitive highlight with mouth-watering inspired Asian fusion dishes, combined with fresh local fish. To wear off the over indulgence, you can take to the seas in a catamaran, try your hand at windsurfing or explore the underworld of divers and wrecks with the colourful parrotfish, lionfish and spotted eagle rays elegantly floating along this area of world class diving.
Day 6: Cocoa Island - Male Airport
Today you will take the speedboat back to Male airport, in time to catch your flight back home.
* This basic structure works very nicely, but don’t forget that Lightfoot Travel can provide a range of experiences and we tailor-make each itinerary based on your travel requirements. Get in touch to start planning your perfect trip with your own travel consultant.
|Day 1:||Male Airport – Cocoa Island|
|Days 2-5:||Maldives – Cocoa Island|
|Day 6:||Cocoa Island - Male Airport|
- Accommodation with daily breakfast
- 24 hour emergency contact
- Activities mentioned in the itinerary
- English speaking tour guide
- International and domestic airfare
- Personal expenses
- Visa fees and/or visa authorization
- Tips and gratuities
- Other expenses not mentioned on the itinerary
- Travel insurance (please note that travel insurance is mandatory for all Lightfoot Travel holidays)
From USD 3,045 per person based on 2 adults travelling together
Notes on our prices
- This price guide provides you with a broad indication of how much to budget for your holiday.
- Prices are generally based on two people travelling together (unless stated otherwise) on a shared room basis.
- Prices can fluctuate depending on season, standard of accommodation, excursions selected (private versus shared) etc.
- This basic structure works very nicely, but don’t forget that Lightfoot Travel can provide a range of experiences and we tailor-make each itinerary based on your travel requirements. Get in touch to start planning your perfect trip with your own travel consultant.
- Capital: Malé
- Main Language: Maldivian, or Dhivehi
- Population: 0.3m (2011)
- Time Zone: GMT +5
- Currency: Maldive Rufiyaa (MVR) *USD widely accepted
- Best time to go: The Maldives is great to go all year round
- Snorkel around the island and hunt for elusive turtles
- Sunset cruising on a traditional dhoni
- Authentic Ayurvedic therapries amidst gorgeous settings
- Afternoon yoga at the sala
From USD 3,045 per person