Let our expert guides excite you with the wonders of Angkor in Siem Reap. Discover sites that are away from the crowds, and open your mind to Cambodia’s long, rich and tumultuous history. Experience what it was like to live as the King’s guest in one fo his private guesthouses which are now part of the luxurious Amansara. And also travel in style in one of their vintage Mercedes.
Unwind after your historic Angkor visit at the private island retreat of Song Saa. Pristine and unexplored, the retreat’s over-water, beach and jungle sanctuaries are the perfect hideaway for those in search of secluded luxury, culinary delights, or just looking to get away somewhere wonderfully remote and off the beaten path.
Day 1: Arrival at Siem Reap
On arrival into Siem Reap, you will be met by a representative and your vintage Mercedes will take you to the wonderfully exclusive Amansara. You have the remainder of the day is at leisure – take a tip for the latest to-dos from your butler, pick a tour from your in-room menu or simply spend the afternoon lounging in your private pool.
Day 2: Excursion to Angkor Wat
Your private remok and guide first takes you to Ta Nei, is a temple rarely visited. It provides a sense of discovery as access is via a sandy track through thick forest. After a quick stop at one of King Jayavarman VII’s small hospital chapels, head for his great capital, Angkor Thom, stopping at the victory gate, before accessing the large enclosed wall to walk to the fifth and unused east gate known as ‘The Gate of the Dead’. Deep inside and set away from the crowds is Preah Pithu, a group of five monuments, four Brahmanic and one Buddhist all built at different times after the 12th century.
This afternoon, explore Angkor at your leisure, or pick another tour from the menu.
Day 3: Visiting remote temples
Today, pick from the menu of tours including the classics: Citadel of the Women, the Temple in the Jungle; or explore the less known Monastery of the Sacred Sword. Full house tour descriptions will be provided with itineraries.
Day 4-7: Song Saa
Stay: Song Saa
Day 7: Depart Song Saa
|Day 1:||Arrival at Siem Reap||Amansara|
|Day 2:||Excursion to Angkor Wat||Amansara|
|Day 3:||Visiting remote temples||Amansara|
|Day 4-7:||Song Saa||Song Saa|
|Day 7:||Depart Song Saa|
- Accommodation in a shared twin/double room in selected hotels, including breakfast
- English speaking local guide
- Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air conditioned vehicle unless stated otherwise
- Entrance fees for mentioned visits
- 24 hour emergency contact
- International flights
- Camera/video entrance fees if applicable
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Early check in/ late check-out.
- Travel insurance (please note that this is required for all Lightfoot Travel holidays)
From USD 4,000 per person based on two adults traveling
Notes on our prices
- This price guide provides you with a broad indication of how much to budget for your holiday.
- Prices are generally based on two people travelling together (unless stated otherwise) on a shared room basis.
- Prices can fluctuate depending on season, standard of accommodation, excursions selected (private versus shared) etc.
- This basic structure works very nicely, but don’t forget that Lightfoot Travel can provide a range of experiences and we tailor-make each itinerary based on your travel requirements. Get in touch to start planning your perfect trip with your own travel consultant
- Capital: Phnom Penh
- Main Language: Khmer
- Population: 14.8m (2009)
- Time Zone: GMT +7
- Currency: Cambodian Riel (KHR) *US dollars recommended
From USD 4,000 per person