Go on a 5 night cultural adventure throughout Luang Prabang and experience first-hand the ancient traditions of this spectacular city.
Throughout your stay in Luang Prabang you will be led by your private English speaking guide who will teach you about the history and age old rituals of the country such as the morning alms offering to hundreds of saffron-robed monks. Laos’ stunning natural landscape will leave you spellbound with the amazing Pak Ou caves, its picturesque temples of Wat Visoun and Wat Xiengthong and, not forgetting, the breathtaking Kuang Si Waterfalls.
Day 1: Arrival into Luang Prabang
Arrive in Luang Prabang – you will meet with your English speaking private guide who will transfer you by private transfer to your hotel, La Residence Phou Vao. You will have the rest of the day free to get settled and explore your surroundings. Lightfoot Travel is happy to make restaurant suggestions for dinner in this charming cultural town.
Day 2: Luang Prabang
Today, you have the option to wake up before dawn to witness and participate in the alms offering to hundreds of saffron-robed monks – an awe-inspiring sight for many travelers. This early morning ritual dates back generations in Laos. Watch the town come to life in the morning and then return to the hotel for breakfast. This afternoon, visit the National Museum, the former Royal Palace which houses a collection of valuables including the famous Prabang Buddha statue and gifts from foreign dignitaries.
Day 3: Luang Prabang Temples
Today you will be met by your driver at La Residence Phou Vao, and taken on a relaxing drive to explore the temples that surround Luang Prabang. Have the afternoon to relax or explore the town at your leisure before transferring to the 3 Nagas boutique hotel.
Stay: 3 Nagas
Day 4: Luang Prabang Mekong River Tour
Today you will be transferred to the boat docking station to embark on a 2-hour local motorized boat ride along the Mekong River to visit the famous Pak Ou Caves where hundreds of gilded and wooden Buddha statues are housed inside a towering limestone cliff. Stop by at the local primary school en route to get a glimpse of the education system and infrastructure. You will then be driven back to Luang Prabang after your excursion.
In the afternoon, set out to Phone Say village which lies hidden along the Mekong River – where the women weave while men fish. You will embark on a half-hour walk from the main road and have the chance to experience village life by interacting with local people. This evening, visit the night market for traditional textiles and handicrafts made by the hill tribes.
Spend the evening enjoying a drink at the bar at the 3 Nagas, or at one of the many riverside cafes that line the town.
Stay: 3 Nagas
Day 5: Luang Prabang Kuang Si Waterfall
Depart for a one hour drive south to one of Luang Prabang’s most picturesque sights, the Kuang Si waterfall. Stop en route at Phosy market where you can observe the locals trading in fresh produce. On arrival, take a leisurely hike through the national park towards the Kuang Si waterfall. Enjoy a picnic lunch in the tranquil surroundings of the park before you transfer back to the 3 Nagas by private vehicle.
Stay: 3 Nagas
Day 6: Departure
Today after check out you will be taken by private transfer to Luang Prabang Airport in time to catch your flight home.
|Day 1:||Arrival into Luang Prabang||Belmond La Residence Phou Vao|
|Day 2:||Luang Prabang||Belmond La Residence Phou Vao|
|Day 3:||Luang Prabang Temples||3 Nagas|
|Day 4:||Luang Prabang Mekong River Tour||3 Nagas|
|Day 5:||Luang Prabang Kuang Si Waterfall||3 Nagas|
- Accommodation with daily breakfast
- All transfers and transport
- English speaking guides
- All entrance fees on tour
- 24 hour emergency contact
- International airfaire
- All drinks
- Visa and airport taxes
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Travel insurance (please note that travel insurance is mandatory for all Lightfoot Travel holidays
From USD 1,319 per person based on two persons travelling
Notes on our prices
- This price guide provides you with a broad indication of how much to budget for your holiday.
- Prices are generally based on two people travelling together (unless stated otherwise) on a shared room basis.
- Prices can fluctuate depending on season, standard of accommodation, excursions selected (private versus shared) etc.
- This basic structure works very nicely, but don’t forget that Lightfoot Travel can provide a range of experiences and we tailor-make each itinerary based on your travel requirements. Get in touch to start planning your perfect trip with your own travel consultantsultant
- Capital: Vientiane
- Main Language: Laotian
- Population: 6.28m (2011)
- Time Zone: GMT +7
- Currency: Lao Kip (LAK)
- Best time to go: January through April
- Watch the alms offering to hundreds of Monks
- See the amazing Pak Ou Caves
- Visit Luang Prabang’s famous temples
- Explore the Kuang Si Waterfall
From USD 1,319 per person