Discover some of Kenya’s incredible game during this 10 day itinerary, which takes you to the famed Meru National Park, Masai Mara Reserve and the off the beaten tracks Matthew’s Ranges.
Your accommodations all provide the utmost comfort with spectacular views of the surrounding areas, and exotic animals as your constant companions.
Day 1: Arrival into Nairobi
On arrival into Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, you will be transferred to Wilson Airport for your flight to Meru, from where you will be transferred to Elsa’s Kopje.
Stay: Elsa's Kopje
Day 2 - 3: Wildlife in Meru National Park
View rhino in their natural habitat from the comfort of your cottage, each uniquely designed and with spectacular views. Elsa’s Kopje also boasts an open bar, lounge and dining room with an infinity pool overlooking the Meru plains.
Other major attractions include Mount Kenya, Tana River, Adamsons’s falls and rivers and riverine habitats.
Stay: Elsa's Kopje
Day 4 - 6: Onwards to Mathew’s Ranges
Depart from Elsa’s Kopje in the morning to Mathew’s Range. Whilst there, you will stay at Sarara Camp, located within the Namunyak Wildlife Conservation Trust, the home of the Samburu people.
The wilderness country here is very much unspoilt with limited network of tracks, to enhance the experience. The emphasis is therefore on walking safaris, which you can discover with excellent local Samburu guides.
Day 7 - 9: Onwards to Masai Mara Game Reserve
After an early breakfast, head to the airstrip to catch your flight to Masai Mara. Your accommodation for the next 3 days is Richard’s Camp, a traditional tented camp of true African safari style with a few modern surprises, overlooking the vast Mara plains.
Masai Mara is one of African’s greatest wildlife reserves, in the northern section of the Serengeti National Park. Whilst roaming around, you are sure to stumble upon lions, leopards, cheetah and witness the great wildebeest migration.
Stay: Richard's Camp
Day 10: Departure
Flight to Nairobi to catch your international flight
|Day 1:||Arrival into Nairobi||Elsa's Kopje|
|Day 2 - 3:||Wildlife in Meru National Park||Elsa's Kopje|
|Day 4 - 6:||Onwards to Mathew’s Ranges||Sarara|
|Day 7 - 9:||Onwards to Masai Mara Game Reserve||Richard's Camp|
- Accommodation with full board
- Transfers (by road and internal flights)
- Conservation fees
- 24 hour emergency contact
- International flights
- Visas and airport taxes
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Travel insurance (please note that travel insurance is mandatory for all Lightfoot Travel holidays)
From USD 8,729 per person based on two guests travelling
Notes on our prices
- This price guide provides you with a broad indication of how much to budget for your holiday.
- Prices are generally based on two people travelling together (unless stated otherwise) on a shared room basis.
- Prices can fluctuate depending on season, standard of accommodation, excursions selected (private versus shared) etc.
- This basic structure works very nicely, but don’t forget that Lightfoot Travel can provide a range of experiences and we tailor-make each itinerary based on your travel requirements. Get in touch to start planning your perfect trip with your own travel consultant
- Capital: Nairobi
- Main Language: Swahili, English
- Population: 41.61m (2011)
- Time Zone: GMT +3
- Currency: Kenyan Shilling (KES)
- Best time to go: July through February
- Get off the beaten track at Matthew’s Ranges
- View rhinoceroses in their natural habitat
- Meet the Masai tribes
From USD 8,729 per person