Famed for its wonderful landscape and relaxing atmosphere, Sri Lanka makes a perfect destination for newlyweds. Visiting a variety of romantic settings such as the misty tea plantations, historical sites and Yala National Park, not to mention staying at the most romantic hotels, this itinerary is what every modern day princesses dreams of.
Day 1 - 2: Arrival
Upon arrival, you will be met and transferred from the Colombo International Airport and head straight to your hotel, The Wallawwa. Set in an expansive tropical garden, this former manor house indulges couples with its chic collection of guestrooms, its gourmet cuisine, its discreet service and its decadent spa -the venue for post- and pre-flight pampering.
You will have the remainder of the day at leisure to explore the surroundings or just relax.
Stay: The Wallawwa
Day 3 - 4: Exploring Kandy
Today you will go to your next destination, Kandy. On the way there, you will see have a chance to see the Millennium Elephant Foundation to observe and walk with elephants. Then, you will arrive into your hotel, the charming and historic Kandy House. This stunning manor house is beautifully romantic, and particularly suited to honeymooners.
Here are just a few suggested activities for your free time:
- Hiking at the Hantane Range, another nearby hiking destination
- Admiring Temple of the Tooth, Sri Lanka’s most sacred shrine
- Visiting the Royal Botanical Gardens and a tea museum
- Trekking through tea estates
Stay: The Kandy House
Day 5 - 6 From Kandy to Koslanda
Today you will travel south from Kandy into Sri Lanka’s vertiginous Tea Country, so-named for the velveteen tea plantations that carpet the misty hills.
Then, drive through the market town of Nuwara Eliya, and continue to Koslanda, a 30-minute drive from Haputale, to stay at Living Heritage Koslanda. This secluded boutique hotel celebrates Sri Lanka’s traditional architectural design. The hotel offers three hugely spacious suites with generous living areas and a courtyard with alfresco jacuzzi and open-to-the-skies shower. Set in 80 acres, the property borders a patch of forest known locally as ‘God’s Forest’, which contains a river and a secluded waterfall. Suggested activities include trekking, tea factory visits, tree planting and cooking classes.
Stay: Living Heritage Koslanda
Day 7 - 9: Yala National Park
Today you will go from the hills into the low-lying southeastern plains to the edge of Yala National Park. On the way there, you will stop at Buduruwagala, a series of seven well-preserved Buddhist figures carved into sheer rock.
Yala National Park is the island’s premier game reserve, home to a dense population of leopards, elephants and sloth bears. Camping at the edge of the park is a magical once-in-a-lifetime experience. You both will enjoy cosy up under canvas in the camp’s beautifully secluded AC Honeymoon Suite, dine-a-deux by candlelight, shower under the stars and expertly guided game drives into the park.
Stay: Leopard Safaris
Day 10 - 13 Galle
Today you will travel west along the picturesque cove-sprinkled southern coastline to Galle, famed for pretty beaches, a 17th century Dutch fort and a cosmopolitan vibe. Your next hotel will be Kahanda Kanda. Set on its own 12-acre hilltop tea estate, a 25-minute drive inland from Galle, Kahanda Kanda is a blissful couples-only boutique hotel.
On your free time, you will enjoy alfresco dining, relax poolside, spa treatment, take a guided bicycle ride through picture-postcard rice fields, make for the beach or privately tour the hotel’s own tea estate.
Stay: Kahanda Kanda
Day 14: Departure
Today, you will depart Galle and be transferred to Colombo Airport to catch your return flight home.
|Day 1 - 2:||Arrival||The Wallawwa|
|Day 3 - 4:||Exploring Kandy||The Kandy House|
|Day 5 - 6||From Kandy to Koslanda||Living Heritage Koslanda|
|Day 7 - 9:||Yala National Park||Leopard Safaris|
|Day 10 - 13||Galle||Kahanda Kanda|
- Accommodation with daily breakfast
- 24 hour emergency contact
- Activities mentioned in the itinerary
- English speaking tour guide
- International and domestic airfare
- Personal expenses
- Visa fees and/or visa authorization
- Tips and gratuities
- Other expenses not mentioned on the itinerary
- Travel insurance (please note that travel insurance is mandatory for all Lightfoot Travel holidays)
Price available upon request
Notes on our prices
- This price guide provides you with a broad indication of how much to budget for your holiday.
- Prices are generally based on two people travelling together (unless stated otherwise) on a shared room basis.
- Prices can fluctuate depending on season, standard of accommodation, excursions selected (private versus shared) etc.
- This basic structure works very nicely, but don’t forget that Lightfoot Travel can provide a range of experiences and we tailor-make each itinerary based on your travel requirements. Get in touch to start planning your perfect trip with your own travel consultant.