Spend a week at the luxurious Mabul Water Bungalows diving, snorkelling and enjoying the stunning stilt-like accommodation. Facing the island of Sipadan which is a mere 15 minutes away, the views here will take your breath away.
To top off your holiday, spend two nights at Le Meridien in Kota Kinabalu before heading away from city life to the depths of paradise.
Day 1: Arrive in Kota Kinabalu
You will be met by a representative at the airport who will transfer you to your first hotel, Le Meridien. Situated in the heart of Kota Kinabalu, Le Meridien is incredibly sophisticated and is generously comfortable, with stunning views over the city.
Day 2: From Kota Kinabalu to Mabul Island
Having flown to Tawau, you will be met at the airport and transferred by private car to Semporna jetty in order to catch your boat to Mabul Island. Here you will stay in the floating dive-resort Mabul Water Villas which overlooks the renowned Sipadan Island.
You will stay in a wooden bungalow built entirely over water on stilts – each is beautifully furnished with contemporary décor, complete with mod-cons.
Stay: Mabul Water Bungalows
Day 3 - 8: Diving Days
These 6 days are free for you to enjoy some of the many activities on offer. Included in your stay here are 3 combination dives per day with a dive master on Sipadan, Mabul or Kapalai Island, unlimited jetty diving from Mabul House Reef with use of tans, with air, weights and weight belt.
Also try out snorkeling and island hopping; visit the fisherman villages and explore the many beautiful beaches surrounding the area.
Stay: Mabul Water Bungalows
Day 9: Kota Kinabalu
After checking out you will be transferred by boat back to Semporna Jetty from where you’ll be taken by private car to Tawau Airport in time to catch your flight to Kota Kinabalu.
Spend one more night at Le Meridien.
Day 10: Departure
Once you’ve checked out of your hotel, you will be transferred to the airport to catch your flight home.
|Day 1:||Arrive in Kota Kinabalu||Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu|
|Day 2:||From Kota Kinabalu to Mabul Island||Mabul Water Bungalows|
|Day 3 - 8:||Diving Days||Mabul Water Bungalows|
|Day 9:||Kota Kinabalu||Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu|
- Accommodation including breakfast
- Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air conditioned vehicle unless stated otherwise
- 24 hour emergency contact
- International flights
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Early check in/ late check-out.
- Travel insurance (please note that this is required for all Lightfoot Travel holidays)
Price available upon request
Notes on our prices
- This price guide provides you with a broad indication of how much to budget for your holiday.
- Prices are generally based on two people travelling together (unless stated otherwise) on a shared room basis.
- Prices can fluctuate depending on season, standard of accommodation, excursions selected (private versus shared) etc.
- This basic structure works very nicely, but don’t forget that Lightfoot Travel can provide a range of experiences and we tailor-make each itinerary based on your travel requirements. Get in touch to start planning your perfect trip with your own travel consultant