Some Australian properties pride themselves on the fact that their purpose for being there is to provide outstanding and memorable culinary experiences for its guests. Likewise, there are many travellers for whom wine and food is a major reason for travelling. This combination results in some truly exceptional lodges which pleases both the guests and the chefs.
Appellation at The Louise, Cape Lodge and Lake House are such examples of lodges with outstanding restaurants, with its luxury accommodation being a second thought. Thought of more as ‘restaurants with rooms’, all are internationally renowned at the highest level. This itinerary allows you to sample some of these culinary delights and tick off some restaurants which are guaranteed to be on any food and wine lover’s bucket list.
Day 1-3 Arrival into Perth - Margaret River
On arrival you will be transferred to your accommodation at Margaret River, Cape Lodge. Undoubtedly one of Australia’s finest gourmet restaurants, this lodge sits within its own 40 acres of land. Make sure you go on a behind the scenes wine tour as well as on a sunset kangaroo safari.
Obviously the most important destination is The Cape Lodge Gourmet Retreat, and also try out a cooking class which is ideal for chefs of all standards.
Stay: Cape Lodge
Day 4 - 6: Margaret River - Barossa Valley
Today you will be transferred to the airport for your domestic flight to Barossa Valley and to your next accommodation The Louise. Set in an idyllic luxury vineyard, the focus of The Louise is its internationaly acclaimed restaurant Appellation. Situatd on a gentle hill surrounded by acres of vines, the hote has stunning vistas across the Barossa Valley.
While here be sure to head to the restaurant and enjoy the experience of being a winemaker for a day in the Penfold’s laboratory where much of the restaurant’s wine originates. Bring your wine back to the restaurant with you and be taught what goes with which foods.
On a saturday morning join one of the restaurant’s chefs for a trip to Barossa Farmer’s Market as they shop for the dinner provisions. Go on an exclusive private tour of Seppeltsfield – the living museum of Australian wine history.
Stay: The Louise
Day 7 - 9: Barossa Valley - Victoria
Transfer to the airport for your domestic flight to Victoria. You will spend the next three nights at the fabulous Lake House in Daylesford. Long considered one of Australia’s best restaurants, the Lake House made the most of local and seasonal ingredients long before others.
The hotel has indulgent facilities to compliment the long string of international and national awards it has collected over the years. Whilst here be sure to head out with a local guide for an exclusive Far Gate and Winery tour, meeting the farmers, producers and winemakers that make the restaurant what it is. Taste along the way and be sure to take home some goodies!
Wander through the grounds of the hotel exploring the kitchen gardens, herb gardens and orchard areas.
Stay: Lake House Daylesford
Day 10: Departure
Drive to Melbourne Airport from where you will get your international flight home.
* This basic structure works very nicely, but don’t forget that Lightfoot Travel can provide a range of experiences and we tailor-make each itinerary based on your travel requirements. Get in touch to start planning your perfect trip with your own travel designer.
|Day 1-3||Arrival into Perth - Margaret River||Cape Lodge|
|Day 4 - 6:||Margaret River - Barossa Valley||The Louise|
|Day 7 - 9:||Barossa Valley - Victoria||Lake House Daylesford|
- Accommodation with daily breakfast
- Transfers or car hire
- Activities with guides
- 24 hour emergency contact
- International flights
- Visa if necessary
- Personal expenses
- Hotel early check in / Late check out
- Tips and gratuities
- Travel insurance (please note that this is required for all Lightfoot Travel holidays)
Price available upon request
Notes on our prices
- This price guide provides you with a broad indication of how much to budget for your holiday.
- Prices are generally based on two people travelling together (unless stated otherwise) on a shared room basis.
- Prices can fluctuate depending on season, standard of accommodation, excursions selected (private versus shared) etc.
- This basic structure works very nicely, but don’t forget that Lightfoot Travel can provide a range of experiences and we tailor-make each itinerary based on your travel requirements. Get in touch to start planning your perfect trip with your own travel consultant