A unique way to admire beautiful landscape is to hop onto a hot air balloon, sit back and enjoy the show. Myanmar already offers fantastic flights over Bagan, but this itinerary takes you to two new gorgeous places.
Inle Lake’s beauty and grandeur is obvious throughout and to further appreciate this spectacular sight, embark on an unforgettable balloon safari over Inle Lake. And because ballooning can become addictive, we then take you to Pindaya, where you can reiterate the experience and admire the plains of the region.
Day 1: Arrival
You will arrive in Inle Lake, home of the Intha people, in the morning, from Yangon. Stretching over 35 kilometres, this lake offers unique insights into the Burmese culture. You will have time later on in the day to cruise the lake and visit thriving communities, floating market and cottage industries.
Stay: Inle Princess Resort
Day 2: Balloon safari over Inle Lake
Rise early for your morning balloon flight over Inle Lake. From above, you will see how far the lake extends and also be able to admire the lush vegetation, peppered with white stupas.
After your flight, enjoy a private breakfast on the lake or in a village, depending on the landing site. Next, you will be taken to a local market where you will buy local produce for your Burmese cooking lesson. To make it even more authentic, you will cook your dish with Intha people in their home.
In the afternoon, you will be transferred to Pindaya where the next leg of your holiday will take place. Once you arrive, you will have time to cycle to Ta Mae Village in the hills outside of Pindaya, in time for a gorgeous sunset and bonfire dinner under Banyan trees.
Stay: Ta Mae Monastery
Day 3: Balloon flight over Pindaya
Another early morning rise, this time for a balloon flight over the fields of Pindaya, the country’s most densely farmed areas. You will be dropped off in a stunning field from where you will enjoy your breakfast.
Pindaya is also home to the famous Shwee Oo Min Natural Cave Pagoda, which you will also visit in the morning. Lunch will be served en route to Heho and upon arrival, you will catch your flight to Yangon.
Day 4: Yangon and departure
Before departing Myanmar, you will have time to explore the country’s former capital, Yangon. The pure-gold Shwedagon Pagoda is unmissable!
Later in the day, you will be transferred to the airport for your return flight.
|Day 1:||Arrival||Inle Princess Resort|
|Day 2:||Balloon safari over Inle Lake||Ta Mae Monastery|
|Day 3:||Balloon flight over Pindaya||Belmond The Governor's Residence|
|Day 4:||Yangon and departure|
- Accommodation with daily breakfast
- All transfers and transport
- English speaking guides
- All entrance fees on tour
- Balloon flight
- 24 hour emergency contact
- International airfare
- All drinks
- Visa and airport taxes
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Travel insurance (please note that travel insurance is mandatory for all Lightfoot Travel holidays
Fom USD 2,936 per person, based on two guests travelling
Notes on our prices
- This price guide provides you with a broad indication of how much to budget for your holiday.
- Prices are generally based on two people travelling together (unless stated otherwise) on a shared room basis.
- Prices can fluctuate depending on season, standard of accommodation, excursions selected (private versus shared) etc.
- This basic structure works very nicely, but don’t forget that Lightfoot Travel can provide a range of experiences and we tailor-make each itinerary based on your travel requirements. Get in touch to start planning your perfect trip with your own travel consultant
- Cruise Inle Lake and watch locals go about their day on the lake
- Hop on a balloon safari and admire Inle Lake from the sky
- Second balloon flight over Pindaya, the most densely farmed areas in Myanmar
- Discover the Shwee Oo Min Natural Cave Pagoda
Fom USD 2,936 per person