2013 is the Year of Natural Scotland. This ten-day journey is a showcase of Scotland’s spectacular scenery. To embrace the landscapes, a wealth of private experiences and adventurous activities are included.
Equipment and tuition is provided for all levels from beginner to expert. Buckle up, and let the adventure begin!
Day 1: Arrival into Edinburgh
Having been met by your guide at Edinburgh airport, enjoy a panoramic city tour before checking into your hotel for two nights.
Day 2: Edinburgh
Following a private pre-opening tour and breakfast reception at Edinburgh Castle, you will explore the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Edinburgh’s Old Town, including the famous Royal Mile.
Day 3: St. Andrews
Head to St. Andrews and try your hand at yachting, learning the basic techniques and manoeuvres. Check into your accommodation for one evening – a luxurious hotel named after the world-famous golf course in St. Andrews.
Day 4: The Lowlands to the Highlands
Enjoy the journey from Lowlands to Highlands to enjoy a luxury motor cruiser on the famous Loch ness. Travel west and arrive at your multi award-winning accommodation for the next three evenings. With fewer than 20 bedrooms, this has a really intimate feel and has been described as “exclusive luxury with a personal touch”.
Have an archery lesson before appreciating the area with a local guide.
Day 5: Adventurous Activities
Sea kayak this morning and appreciate the beauty of the area – catch a glimpse of an otter or seal beside you. Try gorge-scrambling if you feel up to it (with all the safety equipment provided!) through stunning waterfalls, rock slides and pools.
Mountain bike in the hills taking in the stunning views.
Day 6: Divine Driving
Explore the Applecross Peninsula before relaxing with a gourmet picnic. Return to Loch Torridon for a wildlife spotting cruise and take in the breath-taking beauty of this special part of Scotland with fantastic views of the Cuilin of Skye and the Torridon mountains.
Day 7: Southwards
Travel south on one of the ‘world’s great train journeys’ in first class on board a steam train. Travel over the famous arches of the Glenfinnan Viaduct and along the coastline of the Silver Sands of Morar.
Stay in a beautiful guesthouse in extensive private grounds and appreciate the stunning views of Loch Linnhe from the best rooms in the house.
Day 8: West Coast
Travel up Loch Leven in a private luxury cruiser towards eerie Glencoe – unquestionably a mesmerising location which you won’t forget in a hurry. Continue south along Loch Lomond and check into your deluxe baronial style mansion for two nights.
Relax and make use of their spa facilities, enjoy a golf tutorial or play a challenging 18 holes on the Carrick Course.
Day 9-10: The Finale
Make your way to the lawns of the estate for a private falconry display. Often including falcons, owls, hawks and eagles; in full flight, they are spectacular.
For the finale of your holiday, take your seats on a sea plane and climb to a cruising altitude of 500ft. Soar over the vast expanse of the loch and enjoy a bird’s eye view of the islands which populate the water and the majestic mountains which encircle it.
Chauffeur service the next day to Glasgow Airport.
|Day 1:||Arrival into Edinburgh|
|Day 3:||St. Andrews|
|Day 4:||The Lowlands to the Highlands|
|Day 5:||Adventurous Activities|
|Day 6:||Divine Driving|
|Day 8:||West Coast|
|Day 9-10:||The Finale|
- Accommodation with daily breakfast
- 24 hour emergency contact
- Activities mentioned in the itinerary
- English speaking tour guide
- International and domestic airfare
- Personal expenses
- Visa fees and/or visa authorization
- Tips and gratuities
- Other expenses not mentioned on the itinerary
- Travel insurance (please note that travel insurance is mandatory for all Lightfoot Travel holidays)
From 14,784 per person based on two guests sharing
Notes on our prices
- This price guide provides you with a broad indication of how much to budget for your holiday.
- Prices are generally based on two people travelling together (unless stated otherwise) on a shared room basis.
- Prices can fluctuate depending on season, standard of accommodation, excursions selected (private versus shared) etc.
- This basic structure works very nicely, but don’t forget that Lightfoot Travel can provide a range of experiences and we tailor-make each itinerary based on your travel requirements. Get in touch to start planning your perfect trip with your own travel consultant.