A dash of adventure mixed in with some beach time, now that’s what we call the ideal holiday!
Start off your Cambodian experience by discovering the country’s main draw, the impressive Angkor Wat complex and its multitude of temples. The plain is peppered with ruins dating back several centuries and will instantly have you feeling like Indiana Jones on one of his quests. Once your day of temple-hunting is done, relax in one of Siem Reap‘s best hotels, Belmond La Residence d’Angkor, located a stone’s throw from the temples.
Then, end your holiday in Song Saa, one of Cambodia’s most exclusive resorts, located off the coast of Sihanoukville, on its very own island. A heavenly beach retreat that will have you feeling rested and rejuvenated in no time.
Day 1: Arrival in Siem Reap
Upon arrival into Siem Reap, you will be met by your local guide and transferred to your hotel for check-in.
You have the remainder of the day at leisure and can either make the most of the hotels vast facilities or opt to stroll through the city centre and uncover charming markets and cafes by the river. If you’d like, you can also start exploring the numerous temples that are
In the evening, we recommend heading to Phare Circus for an entertaining cultural, artistic and acrobatic show performed by a talented troop.
Day 2: Guided visit of Angkor Wat
After a hearty breakfast, prepare for a full day of temple explorations. During the guided visit, you will explore some of the most popular such as the sprawling Angkor Wat, the ancient city of Angkor Thom and Ta Prohm temple (made famous by Lara Craft: Tomb Raider).
Your guide will be on hand to explain the history of these impressive and well-preserved ruins.
Day 3: From Siem Reap to Sihanoukville
You will have some free time to relax before being transferred to the airport to catch your onwards flight to Sihanoukville
Upon arrival, you will be met by a representative and transferred to your next destination, Song Saa which is a 30 minute speedboat ride away: welcome to your beach escape!
Stay: Song Saa
Stay 4 - 5: Days at leisure at Song Saa
After temple hunting, there is no better way to end a holiday than by indulging some beach time. At Song Saa, you will not want for activities to occupy your time.
Go snorkeling or kayaking around Song Saa islands, attend a sunrise yoga class, go on an island safari and discover the different species and ecosystems that cohabitate on the island, arrange a traditional blessing ceremony, experience village life…
Stay: Song Saa
Day 6: Departure
You will be transferred to Sihanoukville in time to catch your return flight.
|Day 1:||Arrival in Siem Reap||Belmond La Residence D'Angkor|
|Day 2:||Guided visit of Angkor Wat||Belmond La Residence D'Angkor|
|Day 3:||From Siem Reap to Sihanoukville||Song Saa|
|Stay 4 - 5:||Days at leisure at Song Saa||Song Saa|
- Hotel accommodations with daily breakfast and full board at Song Saa
- English speaking guide
- Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air conditioned vehicle unless stated otherwise
- Entrance fees for mentioned visits
- Travel insurance (please note travel insurance is mandatory for all Lightfoot Travel holidays)
- Any surcharge/extra fees for visit of the Angkor Historical site imposed by the Apsara Authorities in Siem Reap which are subject to change without prior notice
- International and domestic flights
- Camera/video entrance fees
- Personal expenses (drinks, laundry, telephone, tips etc)
From USD 4,731 for two persons (excluding flights)
Notes on our prices
- This price guide provides you with a broad indication of how much to budget for your holiday.
- Prices are generally based on two people travelling together (unless stated otherwise) on a shared room basis.
- Prices can fluctuate depending on season, standard of accommodation, excursions selected (private versus shared) etc.
- This basic structure works very nicely, but don’t forget that Lightfoot Travel can provide a range of experiences and we tailor-make each itinerary based on your travel requirements. Get in touch to start planning your perfect trip with your own travel consultant